[plug] Looking for a quote

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sat Jun 19 06:56:50 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 21:14, Michael Collard wrote:
> I'm looking to quote an answer from someone on PLUG for my upcoming
> linux promo video (hopefully to be debuted at Installfest) to the
> question of "How is Linux important to you". I'm looking for a short 2
> line reply for anyone along with their preferences of using their name
> etc in that section of the video and credits :D.

Not sure if these are strong enough, but I think you'll get my drift:
     1. I use Linux because it gives me control.
     2. I use Linux because it is less work to keep running. I put up
        with all its inconsistencies and quirks, because it is still
        *much* less work.
     3. I use Linux because I can.

Linux five years from now:
        As long as developers get excited about new technology and users
        want access to it, there is a bright future for an operating
        system as diverse as Linux.

        Five years from now, Linux will be known and tried by many mums
        and dads. More and more companies will have Linux servers and
        some large corporations will have migrated their whole user-base
        to Linux workstations.

Hope this helps,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27°52'30" - E151°16'25" (Millmerran, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..