[plug] Community Seminars

johnmorcos johnmorcos at westnet.com.au
Sat Jun 19 17:09:24 WST 2004

all this discussion about the difference between data and programs
it seems like a great techincal debate but its slightly out of
context. As i remember the original question was about topics for a
community lecture or something of the sort. I dont think most end
users need to know, or want to know about whether source code is data
or not.

Furthermore we have to assume most of them are going to use windows
so its more relevant to teach them that a letter or document created
in word is data and to save it appropriately and that word is the
application/program.

it would be great if some of them used linux and learned the
difference between source code and compiled programs, but lets start
them with training wheels. they cant all become techies from day dot.

anyway thats my 2 cents worth