[plug] Gmail Accounts

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 21 12:35:53 WST 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 12:26, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <200406211219.19794.T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au>
>
> on Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 12:19:19PM +0800, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> >  *The "tagging" instead of "folders" IS more useable (IMHO)
>
> Yeeeeeeeah,...but what is "tagging" (I guess it means something else in
> Gmail compared to what it means in mutt)??

Basically like Opera's Mail client; you attach an attribute (tag) to
a message and then you can look at them based on that.

The advantage over folders is that more than one tag can be attached
(I believe).

The disadvantage is that it doesn't lend itself to a hierarchical
structure and a plethora of tags may be just as confusing as a
bucket-load of folders.