[plug] Gmail Accounts

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 21 12:49:40 WST 2004

In message <20040621043809.GC18977 at kevin.supine.com>
on Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 02:38:09PM +1000, Martin wrote:
> $quoted_author = "James Devenish" ;
> > what is "tagging"
> i think they call them "labels". it highlights messages that meet the
> criteria of a particular filter, much like you might sort your email
> using procmail.
>
> instead of having separate folders, you have one inbox which you can
> filter by label. emails can have more than one label so it allows more
> fine-grained catergorisation of them.

Thanks Martin and Bernd. Sounds much like the equivalent features in
other mail clients (e.g. fine-grained colour highlighting,
categorisation, flagging, limiting, searching, scoring, etc.), except
that it spans all messages rather than just one mailbox. Because I keep
'sent' and 'received' e-mail in separate mailboxes, a flaw in my usage
of mutt is that it is inconvenient to construct some threads because one
half of the conversation is missing.