[plug] smtp madness.

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 22 14:29:58 WST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0406221423460.1037-100000 at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
on Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 02:24:11PM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> One of my servers has been seemingly in constant contact with
> yhaaus.lnk.telstra

Umm...are you sure that the name is yhaaus.lnk.telstra? Surely that
won't resolve in DNS. You probably want to block on IP address instead.

> via smtp. Looking at the logs, theres just some mad conversation between
> the two with that machine trying to deliver crazy things to it, the server
> responding and it doing it again.
>
> Is there a way to just block that domain?
>
> debian woody + exim + mailman

Without thinking too deeply about at the level on the SMTP daemon, I
suppose there'd be a "one liner" in whatever packet filter you have (I
forget the Linux ones, but I think it's standard to have...iptables...or
something)?