[plug] Top posting?

Adam Davin bladebadger at westnet.com.au
Tue Jun 22 16:56:15 WST 2004

Hello all,

Just to add my 2c to this line of conversation:

I was on the "opendos" list way back when it was active. We had a few people on the list who were sight impaired and used text to speech technologies. That list was in the habit of top posting from the point of view that people didn't want to have to "listen" to the entire conversation again as they were following the thread anyway.

The fact that mail clients (most?) (can) thread topics means that if you want to look at the comments of previous posts you can do. I understand that it makes sense to post under the relevant sections, however, sometimes it is hard to find the new entries in an email in amongst all the other "noise". I guess this leads to a more prudent use of <snip> where appropriate.

Just a thought, feel free to berate me for such a heinous thought :)

Ciao

Adam Davin.