[plug] Top posting?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 22 17:15:14 WST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0406221653510.1037-100000 at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
on Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:55:13PM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> I actually prefer top posting myself, since I get 200+ emails a day not
> including spam (tooooo many lists), and using pine I just hit N N N N N to
> flitter thru them till I find what I'm interested in. with top posting I
> can read the most recent comment without having to flip down each email.

I personally sporadically use the S key in mutt to skip past quotations
(though I heartily endorse bottom-posting). Even better for you, there
is the T key to toggle the display of quoted text entirely (however, for
people who like this feature, its major drawback is that it is not
'sticky' like the weeding of headers -- although perhaps I'm mistaken
because I usually use a very old version of mutt).