[plug] smtp madness.

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 09:49:37 WST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0406230939300.1037-100000 at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
on Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 09:40:16AM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> I might have to. The system is on a hub (yeah, I know) with 2 other
> servers, and has a ssh session incoming. How would I do that without all
> that data?

I was just thinking anything along the lines of:

ethereal -w evidence host yhaaus.lnk.telstra.net

Run that for a while and it will collect traffic going in both
directions (to and from) that host. Then, you can go back and view the
traffic using `ethereal -r evidence`. Sorry I can't help with ipchains,
though.