[plug] Parallel linkups.

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 23 10:34:52 WST 2004

Something completely different...

One of my customers has a WAN... well, most of them do .. but in
this case, they don't have much bandwidth on their real private
network to accommodate the expected deluge of email between sites
while still remaining responsive to interactive users.

Seeing that one office already has ADSL to the Internet, I've set
the wheels in motion to get ADSL at the other site(s) and to pump
non-interactive traffic down a VPN pipe to the head office.

What tools are available to facilitate this sort of connection
routing? And I don't want to hear the word "Cisco" mentioned. :-)

Head office LAN has separate Linux firewall hardware with a "small"
IBM server for IMAP, Intranet, etc.. Each branch office has local
Intranet mirror, HTTP proxy, file server, IMAP mail server and
firewall on the Linux box. I'm already regretting not making the
effort to deploy LDAP earlier...