[plug] Parallel linkups.

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Jun 23 12:41:36 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 14:20, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> It's not quite "straight-forward", configuration wise.

I'm confused. You stated that the services you wanted to tunnel were
non-interactive. Why do you need to route anything at all? An SSH tunnel
will do all that you require.

If you are talking about web-traffic and proxy stuff, that is
interactive traffic and SSH could also work for that, but the
configuration would be a little trickier.

You do know about SSH tunnels, not just an SSH terminal session?

Also, it is entirely possible that I completely misunderstand your
requirement, but I'm basing my advice on what I read from you.

The only time I'd consider a VPN is if you needed to connect two LAN's
together or if you have stuff that uses UDP.

Anyway, perhaps this is just my ignorance, in which case I'd be happy to
be instructed.

Cheers,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27°52'30" - E151°16'25" (Millmerran, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..