[plug] Top posting?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 17:33:27 WST 2004

In message <4b3125cc040623021863f57373 at mail.gmail.com>
on Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 05:18:30PM +0800, Jeffrey Lim wrote:
> ok - now try to duplicate what i've done in this email (taking your
> points, replying to them one by one...) using top-posting only. Can't
> be done, can it? Well it can, but.. wouldnt be the best (or most
> efficient) use of our bytes, would it?

If this is "middle-posting", then I had one work colleague who found it
hard to bear. That, to me, is certainly an alternative perspective! Of
course, I didn't like /her/ e-mails either, because she'd top-post and
it was as though each of her replies was like an entirely new thread.

> Even for top-posting, i think people should really just "trim it" - if
> at all possible.

I'm sure a lot of people agree with you. Actually, I think Marcus was
recently asked (on-list) to trim quoted text away from his top-posts.

> (perhaps i should call "this" style as evidenced in this email
> "middle-posting".... What do u think? :P)

Side-posting could become interesting. "Circumposting", however, is a
"no-no" ;-)