[plug] DVD burner

Milan Pospisil Milan.Pospisil at swantafe.wa.edu.au
Thu Jun 24 12:03:22 WST 2004

Hi Folks,
               I am currently thinking about buing a DVD burner(LITEON 8X DVD+/-RW SPEED) from MCG (http://www.mcgtech.com.au/shopframe.asp)
 Are there any known issues/problems as to Linux compatability of this DVD burner(or any other one for that matter) or anything I should beware of before I buy?
 The machine considered is: Abit NF7 S mobo, AMD Athlon XP 2.5Ghz, nVidia Ge Force MX 440 v.card, 512 Mb RAM...

                                                                                                                           TIA fo your comments
                                                                                                                                                                Milan Pospisil