[plug] plug mailing list vs Forum

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 20:00:09 WST 2004

I'm of two minds on this.. I prefer forums due to their extra features
and neater more structured layout. Not to mention the amazing "search"
function (when people use them)

But mail lists are a much quicker "lighter" solution.

If we were to use a forum, it would have to be heavily policed and
many of the "multi media features" removed, other wise it'll just
become like any other forum... a massive waste of resources with
little chunks of useful information hidden inside.

Not to mention that forums require a much beefier infrastructure, and
that can be quite costly.

--
Attacking Linus' integrity and character is like clubbing baby seals.
- PJ, Groklaw.net