[plug] plug mailing list vs Forum

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Thu Jun 24 21:27:51 WST 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, quoth Craig Ringer:

> BTW, I do agree with James' suggestion about an NNTP gateway. I lack the
> time or knowledge to implement one, however, so all I'll say is "I think
> it could be nice."

The one built in to mailman works well, and is easy enough to set up, you
just need a news server and newsgroup to point it at.

I use it for the WaFreeNet mailing list <-> wafreenet.general newsgroup.

I prefer mailing lists over newsgroups, which is why I never bothered
setting up a plug <-> wa.plug gateway (or wherever) but if you or James or
Bernard want to set one up, feel free.

<submit type="2cents"> Oh, and I hate web-based forums.. </submit> :)

 - Matt