[plug] how to turn off monitor power saving

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 25 10:19:14 WST 2004

Hi Jon,

In message <s0dc048f.090 at mmtnetworks.com.au>
on Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 10:55:00AM +0800, Jon  Miller wrote:
> I would like to know how to turn off my monitor power saving feature.
> The monitor is a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 100ES.

This may be a software issue. For me, running X11, I use `xset` to
control "DPMS" settings. However, if you are using a desktop environment
like GNOME or KDE there is probably a GUI setting, too. If you have a
machine with a text console, I don't know the answer.

PS. Your clock seems to be set to half an hour in the future.