[PLUG] MP3 ripper or some other software to copy cd's to my HDD

Kirk Turner kirk at wagoonline.com
Fri Jun 25 13:30:09 WST 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 01:11:26PM +0800, Lee Jamieson wrote:
> I want to copy Cd's that I own to my HDD so I can listen to them while
> having the originals in my car.  I'm using KDE with Mandrake 10/2.6.6
> and am not sure on how to go about it.

If your using KDE then open up Konqueror. Under the Services tab on the
left (looks like a tap in KDE 3.2) you can see your CD. If you have the
kio plugin for kde installed (package is call kdebase-kio-plugin on my
debian system - I don't know for Mandrake) there will be a Ogg Vorbis
tree, which you can then drag and drop the files to your desired
location. You can then play your ogg files with a nice ogg player... I
believe XMMS does but since I don't have a sound card on my machine I
can't make any recommendations.

Kirk