[plug] hotplug automounter

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Jun 25 18:16:51 WST 2004

Ryan Smith wrote:

| I got a mass storage digital camera and a usb flash drive. So I was
| wondering if it was possible to tell hotplug to mount a specific device
| to a location no mater what scsi drive it is mapped to (eg mount /dev/sdx1
| /camera) or at least map devices statically to one scsi drive so I can
| shove it in fstab and can mount when user and not root.

This message just came in from debian-devel; it sounds like what
you're asking for.

Cameron.

----- Forwarded message from Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr> -----

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:44:20 +0200
To: debian-devel at lists.debian.org
From: Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr>
Subject: automatic handling of USB mass storage devices (fstab & mount point)

For people using kernel 2.6 and UDev, and want to quickly and easily access
any usb storage device with an _explicit_ name for mount point,
here is a script you can try.

Please read the story and installation details here :
http://ccomb.free.fr/wiki/wakka.php?wiki=UsbMassStorageEnglish

Feel free to try, debug, modify, criticize, adapt, improve, etc.

regards
Christophe Combelles

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST at lists.debian.org