[plug] plug mailing list vs Forum

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jun 25 21:50:30 WST 2004

On 24 Jun 2004 at 23:22, johnmorcos wrote:

8<--------------snip ----------------8

> i like using them obviuosly some of you don't, thats great like i say
> im happy for you. i want to know what the other 99% percent of the
> plug people think.

8<--------------snip ----------------8

I prefer using the mailing list - it fits in well with how things happen around here.

1 - Download all my mail
2 - Quick browse and reply where justified
3 - Go offline
4 - Read remaining mail
5 - Reply if justified
6 - Queue all replies until I go online again.

Besides - it's one of the reasons I am subscribed to this list, it works for me.

I don't mind forums when they are interactive and spontaneous - more like a chat session - but who
has time to sit in a chat session waiting for the right people to sign on.