[plug] Punctuation Linux Unix and Grammar

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Mon Jun 28 16:17:39 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 13:23, Scott Middleton wrote:
> Please for the love of God. I have so much SPAM that I can barely keep
> up!!
> Can we leave PLUG as a "Linux Users Group". There is an OT list just for
> this.  Please reply directly to the offender.
>
> If this keeps up I am going to remove myself from the only mailing list
> I am currently subscribed to.

I think that is a good idea. If you you feel the need to help someone
with their command of the English language is best to contact them off
the list rather than humiliating them publicly.

Of course let yee who is without sin cast the first stone. And I post OT
as well sometimes. everyone should just try their best to keep on the
subject of Linux.

Maybe people could (in IRC style) have their voice removed (not allowed
to post) for a small period of time (maybe a few hours) if they post to
much stuff that is off topic. As long as they get an e-mail telling them
why this has happened and it isn't used for political reasons and the
same standards are held against everyone then it should be okay.

thanks,

Chris Caston