[plug] [OT] Tx and Rx packets?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 29 08:58:11 WST 2004

In message <1088470588.2104.1.camel at localhost>
on Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 08:56:28AM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> Sorry I forgot to add a critical line to my post which was the only
> thing I was asking. What is Rx and Tx?

What do you mean? Are you asking for explanations of the abbreviations?
(In which case: "Receive/transmit" / "Reception/transmission".) If you
mean "who is the receiver, who is the transmitter", then it depends on
how you are obtaining your statistics. Many systems, of course, are set
up so that intuition is correct.