[plug] Torrent bogging..

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Tue Jun 29 09:42:04 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 17:13, Senectus . wrote:
> I'm currently trying to download a bootleg movie of Michael Moores
> "Fahrenheit 911" via bit torrent (its alright guys, he's publicly
> stated that he doesn't mind unless someone is making money off it),
> but the torrent upload is killing my download.. is there any way to
> limit the speed that it uploads?

I use btdownloadcurses within a  screen. I use screen so I can detach it
for the day or so it takes to download. Often I get into trouble from
Matt because I have forgotten about it and Distros like Whitebox Linux
has been uploading for days. :)

The command I use is to rate limit the upload is eg :
btdownloadcurses --max_upload_rate 10 --url \
http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/liberation-respin1-source.torrent
or whatever speed you want see man btdownloadcurses

Regards

--
Scott Middleton <scott at linuxit.com.au>
Linux Information Technology