[plug] Through the Looking Glass; half pished

Kirk Turner kirk.turner at wagoonline.com
Wed Jun 30 12:25:52 WST 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 05:54:38PM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> Sun has GPL's its "Looking Glass" slinky new dress for X11.
>
> I'd say that when the typical PLUGger squeezes into it; it'll just
> get very ugly. Make sure you have plenty of RAM and CPU cycles free
> before trying on this little number.

The official announcement went out today (I've been on the mailing list
since I first heard about it).

This is the direct link to the project:
https://lg3d-core.dev.java.net/

The recommended specs are:
  2GHz machine or better
  512 MB Ram
  A Good 3D card that can support a dept colour of 24

I downloaded and installed the development environment, and played
around with the demo version (I haven't replaced my desktop _yet_), it
runs very smoothly on my machine (2GHz, 512 RAM, NVidia GeForce 2). Lots
of fun, although it doesn't show all of the cool stuff, like being able
to write notes on the back of your windows.

Kirk