[plug] Hack, triplej and open source

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Wed Jun 30 21:54:06 WST 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 09:28:56PM +0800, John Knight wrote:
> I'm assuming that most missed it, but on Hack today, there was a piece on
> Bill Gate's 'donation', and it went onto an interview with the Democrats'
> IT man, and how governments should turn to open source, etc. If someone
> else was listening, I'm should they could explain it much better or even
> provide some kind of link!

I heard it while driving home.  The interviewee was Senator Brian Greig.
He sounded quite well informed, but I was a bit surprised at one thing.
He mentioned that companies could save money because the boss realised
that "I've been supplying my people with a Rolls Royce on the desktop,
when they only need a Mini".

But over all, very encouraging.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in
the world that just don't add up.