[plug] afpd going into infinte loop after connect

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Mar 2 12:54:39 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 12:19, Craig Ringer wrote:

> I was hoping someone on this list might have run into this before -
> because it's causing me major problems right now.
>
> On our core server, afpd is going into a loop after authenticating the
> user and sending them a list of volumes.

In case anyone else runs into this, the problem is that the CNID
database ($VOLUMEROOT/.AppleDB/*) is corrupt or in an inconsistent
state. You can try using db_recover to try to recover it, and if that
fails just delete the database (this will, AFAIK, break aliases etc).

It took me a while to figure that out :-(

I'll be submitting a bug report on this shortly.

Craig Ringer