[plug] SUSE ES 8 driver request

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 3 13:01:31 WST 2004

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 11:23, Jon Miller wrote:
> Like to know if anyone on the list has a driver for a Promise
> SX4000 that will run on Suse Enterprise Edition version 8.  We
> are using kernel version 2.4.21-138-athlon.

You've looked at
http://localhost/usr/share/doc/packages/suselinux-adminguide_en/html/node5.html
?

> We we used a earlier version and complied it it just hangs when
> we issue insmod.

Sad but not surprising.

I've found some drivers at
http://www.zdnet.de/treiber/man_prod/promise_controller-treiber-wc.html
which may be of use. Looks like it covers SuSE 7.3 to 8.0 version;
which are older kernels.

Page is in German but you SX4000 and SUSE are the same in German.
;-)

According to the admin guide ref above, later kernels support the
Promise controllers directly.

See /usr/src/linux/drivers/ide/raid/pdcraid.[ch]