[plug] Access control for USB ports

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Mar 3 15:15:57 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 15:10, Bernd Felsche wrote:

> > I would also welcome suggestions on how to do the same thing on
> > Windows machines as I have to run both OSs at the moment.
>
> A very large hammer fixes Windows; permanently.

My solution for the Windows users at work has been to use PS/2 adaptors
for the USB mice, PS/2 keyboards, and to disable the PS/2 ports in the
BIOS. It's not perfect, but it helps. Alas, it's probably not well
suited to your situation with dual-boot.

I, too, would strongly prefer the hammer.

Craig Ringer