[plug] the IT guy (was: power loss)

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Mar 5 13:00:49 WST 2004

It's easier to blame the IT guy, in most folks eyes you are overpaid for your service therefore you should know what they are thinking and therefore know what they want before they ask for it.  Any relating to the IT operations is your fault even if they are the ones to blame.  Been that way since the beginning of time.

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au 10:57:36 am 5/03/2004 >>>
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:25, gavan at iinet.net.au wrote:
> Why does everyone look to blame the IT guy when the power goes out?

...or when someone in one department is modifying files on the file server
and somehow they accidentally moved a file which is owned by someone in
another department, and that departent comes screaming down our throat
demanding to know what we've done with their file...
/me rolls eyes.

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au