[plug] Job Ad: Communications Support Officer - Murdoch University

Mike Groeneweg mikeg at scorpion.murdoch.edu.au
Fri Mar 5 14:35:11 WST 2004

(Apologies PLUG, not strictly Linux, but this may be of interest to some
on PLUG)

FYI Murdoch University, IT Services - Communications section is now
seeking a suitably talented individual to join the Communications Team:

https://wwwforms.murdoch.edu.au/pls/news/NEWSQIT$NITEM.QueryView?P_UNIQUE_KEY1=2990

The position is a programmer support role initially, but since the
position is in Communications, and you're working for me, you would get
exposure to switching, routing, VPN, VOIP, wireless, paging systems,
PABXs... and anything else we end up doing. Our main environment is
Linux, with lots of Perl, and Apache. We've got MySQL and MS SQL Server
2000 to write scripts for, so you do need to have SQL knowledge. Any NT
admin skills would be highly regarded (because I don't like doing NT
admin at the best of times). We also have some Solaris.

Please see the above Murdoch Web Link for details about applications,
job criteria and pay details. The job is advertised as a contract
position, but there is a pretty good chance  (no guarantees given) that
it would eventually become a permanent position.

People interested in the position are welcome to contact me via e-mail
(off list) or phone. Please note, last day for applications is THURSDAY,
March 18th, 2004

Thanks
Mike Groeneweg

--
  ,-._|\   Network Administrator      |  Ph: (+618) 9360 2766
       v                              |SMTP: M.Groeneweg at murdoch.edu.au