[plug] Computer Angels' Door Sale

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Mar 5 22:37:52 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 21:15, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> Hello
>
> Computer Angels is hoping to profitably dispose of some surplus gear, see:
>
> http://www.computerangels.org.au/carpark.shtml

Sounds excellent. The machines I bought last time have mostly been
completely gutted in order to provide "solutions" to people.

The Acer 15" monitor I bought last time was absolutely perfect for the
Debian machine I built my Grandma to use with her embroidery software
running under WINE.

The picture adjust buttons didn't do anything and I found it was wonky
on someone else's XP machine (couldn't see the taskbar without pressing
control-esc) everything was perfect with Debian and KDE and all in all
for $25 it was an outstanding buy.

I look forward to seeing CA again and hope to make more of a
contribution.

I would also like to suggest a potential exchange of harddrives for hard
diskless machines. There are many old machines in Schools (with 4-6gb
harddrives) that just don't cut it anymore as desktops and thus should
be made into LTSP clients. The harddrives once removed could be given to
CA in exchange for more LTSP clients for the Schools.

thanks,

Chris Caston
--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.