[plug] Thunderbird

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon Mar 8 13:05:00 WST 2004

Mike Holland wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Brad Campbell wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know how to make thunderbird relinquish an nntp connection with out shutting it down?
>

> Send a forged TCP FIN packet to thunderbird or the server? (perl script?)

Now *that* is lateral thought for you! I'll give this one a go, even if just to see what happens.

> If your packets were going via ipchains/iptables NAT, is there any way to
> tell that to drop a specific connection?

Yeah there is. It's not currently going through IPTABLES but I guess I could force it to somewhere.
Of course I can always just kill -9 the ssh session, but it's not a particularly clean way to do it.

Regards,
Brad