Fan repair (was [plug] next Installfest?)

Ari Finander outrider at operamail.com
Sun Mar 7 21:57:36 WST 2004

Sometimes a little teflon oil (like the kind sold in bicycle shops) does the trick. Lift up the sticker on the fan that covers the axle/bearings, put a drop or two in there, and reseal. However, once a fan gets to this point it's usually not going to stay quiet very long after a repair (in my experience).

Ari