[plug] Byte Me

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Mon Mar 8 18:49:26 WST 2004

Hi:

I'm skribe.  You might remember me from such endeavours as the PLUG web site
administrator, the 0.1 version of the PLUG FAQ or the Birds in Black
promotional poster for LCA2003 =).

I'm putting together a pilot for a six episode television series to be aired
on Channel 31 all about computers, the hardware and software, and the people
that use them.  Currently, I'm looking for some 'experts'.  Namely, people
that know their shit and are willing to appear on camera to tell the world
about it.  For the pilot I'm looking for the following:

- someone that understands and can explain the vagaries of windows viruses,
worms and other nasties.
- someone else that can talk about linux viruses and worms.  If you can also
talk about the relevant mac, *BSD and other *ix infections all the better.
- anyone that works for an ISP and who is willing and able to appear on
camera to talk about how the ISPs are affected by mass infections.
- a lawyer or other legal agent that can talk about the legalities of
encrypting your data.
- someone to talk about physical computer security.

This is Community Television and so there are no fad wads of cash to hand
around, so the experts will need to be able to do this for free or cheaper.

I'm also looking for hoopy places to shoot some of the to camera links.  Such
places as server rooms (with lots of blinken lightens to wake the viewers
from their Access31-inspired stupour =), call centres, computer museums, etc.
Suggestions, questions or comments please send to skribe at amber.com.au.
Include Byte Me in the subject otherwise it will get lost in the barrage of
spam.  Flames can be sent straight back to the list.  I believe in sharing
the misfortune around ;).

Cheers,

skribe
--