[plug] Problem with dialup on smoothwall, in Sydney

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Wed Mar 10 06:00:12 WST 2004

Anyone know anyone good in Sydney, Prestons area?  Evidently it's near
Liverpool.

The situation is that a client of mine has a network being setup at a
new office, which I'm trying to support over the phone.  I had the
network working here, but when they got it over east they found that
they were unable to get ADSL, so we had to go dial up.  A smoothwall box
was quickly set up and sent over, but they're unable to get it working
over there.  There's no-one in the Sydney office who's computer
literate, and I'm running out of ideas trying to fix it over the phone.
I don't think it's a problem with the line or modem, as, logged into the
smoothwall server, they're able to resolve addresses (ie, nslookup
freshmeat.net gives the right address), but they're not able to telnet
or ssh out.  I've got port forwarding set up to the main server, but I
can't get in at all.

So...  anyone got any contacts?

Thanks

Alan Graham