[plug] Help request

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 10 06:12:59 WST 2004

Dear Ryan,

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Ryan wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 22:19, Denis Brown wrote:
> > The basic recipe I used (with acknowledged help!) was:
> > 1) set up the RAID controller, drives and array.  In my case it was an IBM

<snip>

> I use my 2.2r6 Potato CD for IBM ServerRAID installs - works like a
> bought one.  I forget what kernel is on that CD, but all the kernels on
> the Woody ones ignore the ServerRAID controller.
>
> Did you perchance try such a CD?

No siree!   Did not know such a thing existed, but even if I had found
one, I would have (incorrectly) assumed that such fancy things as
ServeRAID controllers would not have featured back in Potato days :-(

Just goes to show the value of this list...   I'll grab and burn a copy of
the 2.2r6 in case it gets me out of sticky situations in future.   Thanks
for the info.

Cheers,
Denis