[plug] /sbin and static programs

Luke Dudney ldlist at westnet.com.au
Wed Mar 10 21:42:12 WST 2004

I've always been of the understanding that /sbin and /usr/sbin were for
superuser binaries, as most distros I've seen only have /sbin and
/usr/sbin in root's path. Normal user accounts don't get those (but it's
one of the first things I set when I create my account so I can sudo
commands).

 From Fedora Core 2-test 1's /etc/profile:
# Path manipulation
if [ `id -u` = 0 ]; then