[plug] oh dear :(

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Mar 11 05:02:29 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 00:04, Kimberly Shelt wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 09:01:28PM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> >
> > Might have to wait for those CDs.
>
> Agreed.. but I get the same issue when trying to create the link
> using ln.. all very much a  big pain :(
>
> Ithink I willhave to wait until the weekend anyway..way too
> much to do over the next few days.. and Iwill just have to
> "share" my sons machine.. at least he has one.. and "will" share :)

Strange those people who have everything at there disposal and still
don't see the solution... ;-)

      * You have two computers, one is broken, the other has an Internet
        connection.
      * You may or may not have a floppy drive.
      * You can connect to the net, download a rescue floppy (or even an
        install set), boot the broken machine, fix it and smile.
      * If you are adventurous, you could also download a (small) linux
        CD image and burn one, then boot the broken machine with that.
      * You could also download a windows-boot-linux installer
        (loadlin.exe etc.), add the broken computers hdd to the working
        computer, start the installer, escape to the shell and fix the
        broken drive.
      * You could also boot the broken machine off a tftp image.

My point is this: "You have all the tools, one working computer, one
Internet connection and skill - the only missing ingredient is
experience, but that's what this list is for..."

..Now I'll get back in my box..

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S41°18'23" - E146°49'07" (Holwell, Tas)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..