[plug] Large drive supprt on older machines [was] Problem with software RAID

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Mar 11 10:47:43 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 10:03, Chris Caston wrote:

> > Cameron,
> >
> > I'm just trying this out now but am having a little trouble finding the
> > options to do the above. Should it be available when I do make
> > menuconfig ?
> >
> > I'm having some trouble finding these options.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Chris

Hello,

I have selected "Auto-geometry Resizing Support" in make menuconfig.

Now I need some help with the next step of your suggestion:

"Put "hda=stroke" (or similar) on
 your kernel command line."

How do I do this?

thanks,

Chris
--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.