[plug] user permission setting

Sol Hanna sol at autonomon.net
Thu Mar 11 16:04:06 WST 2004

Hi,

I got this simple problem which is turning out to be tricky cos I don't
know the answer. ;-) Have man'd, info'd and google'd to no avail.

I think it's something to do with umask, but I'm not sure how to set it.
When I create/save a file as a regular user, the default permission on
that file is 644. I want to open this up (specifically on the NFS
directory) to 664 so that different users in the "users" group can both
read and write in each of the directories mounted ont he NFS directory
(yes, this is desirable in this instance). But how?

Any tips appreciated.

thanks; sol