[plug] REQ: Mandrake 9.2 & Debian

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Fri Mar 12 10:52:15 WST 2004

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 12/03/2004 10:43 AM
-----

                      Scott Middleton
                      <scott at linuxit.com.        To:       plug list <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
                      au>                        cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: [plug] REQ: Mandrake 9.2 & Debian
                      plug-bounces at plug.l
                      inux.org.au

                      12/03/2004 10:34 AM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>Actually we already have a few copies ready for sale :)
>Anyone here tried them yet? Some people (me included) can't boot from
>CD1 but CD2 boots fine.

Haven't tried it yet, I've been having too much fun rebuilding my machine,
thanks to Windows. What a story. Since this is a Linux list, I won't tell
it.

>Also not quite convinced that 10.0 is deserved more like 9.2.1 :)

Did anybody think that 9.2 was better than 9.1? I still run 9.1 on my main
machine and my lappy. 9.2 on the lappy causes the icons for the *Drake
(configuration) stuff to disappear, ditto options from the KDE startup
menu, ditto for the klaptop application that tells me how long the battery
will last. Works fine on my test machine, but that's only used for
SETI at Home and experiments.

RichardM