[plug] setup

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Mar 12 12:04:00 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 23:29, David wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:09:30 +0800
> Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 23:04, David wrote:
> > > hi all,
> > >
> > > can someone help me what to do? i need to setup dpkg -i ymessenger_1.0.4_1_i386.deb i have install it
> > > on the computer
> > >
> > > regards
> > > david
> >
> > Are you typing that in the same directory that you can saved the file?
>
> can you say what you mean pls?

can = have

and other than that I don't know any other way to explain it. Perhaps
you can give me more details about the problem you are having unless you
have solved it in the meantime.

Try using GAIM instead as it supports all major IM networks.

just type apt-get install gaim

For more information visit http://gaim.sf.net

> i have not dun it be four ok.. i have see harry doing it ok...

That's ok we all need to start somewhere
> > What text do you see in response? -v | -V | like this ok

Not sure why dpkg would give you such as response. Try typing "man dpkg"
for more instructions.