[plug] X does not start

George Raphael gmraphael at dsgaustralia.com
Fri Mar 12 13:45:32 WST 2004

Hi

I recently downloaded Mandrake 9.2 and installed it on one of my PCs. I
assumed it would be the same as RedHat 8 and everything would install via a
GUI and I wouldn't need to edit many files. To my surprise, when my computer
reboots after the installation, X Windows doesn't start. I get a fatal IO
error.

I thought it was perhaps my setup and so I played with the configuration a
number of times but no change. I then tried the same CDs on another machine
with completely different setup. I had the same problem.

Can someone help?

Cheers

G.

---