[plug] installed it

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Mar 13 10:45:50 WST 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:39:09 +0800 David <davidatt at conceptual.net.au>
wrote:

> hi thair,
>
> yes i have gaim in my system now. it dose not work at all i try to get
> going but not work at all. what do i do pls.

Hi David

As Shane said, Yahoo and MSN change the way the messages are sent so gaim
stops working. You need to get a newer version that talks to Yahoo correctly.

I have checked what is required and it will take a long time to download
and I haven't checked that it will work for you. The steps are quite hard.

If I give you the steps to add the new gaim, I am worried that you will
get problems and we would have to reload Linux and that you may lose
some of your files.

The Computer Angels may be able to provide gaim in the future. It might be
better to continue to use email and chat in the meantime.

All the best
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/