[plug] KDE 3.2 in sid

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Mar 14 11:34:42 WST 2004

KDE 3.2 is excellent. I am very happy with its speed and good looks.
I even noticed that you can select a "Redmond" style splash screen that
looks like XPs welcome screen.

At first I did have a problem today when starting up that KDE wouldn't
load and it was stuck on X with the skeleton windows manager.
I dist-upgraded my system, changed from XDM to KDM, and selected KDE
again as the Window manager from KDM and it loaded fine.

regards,

Chris

--
Linux is ready for the desktop like a Boeing F-22 is ready for the
run-way.