[plug] OT: Point to multipoint wireless

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Mon Mar 15 15:19:06 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 18:04, Kai Jones wrote:
> Onno, what type of cable
> do you from your AP to antenna ? some sort of coax (RG-213, Belon ?)
> with an SMA connector on it, or something similar ?

Yup, the short one that came with the antenna (I think - there was a lot
of spending going on at the time, might have had to pay extra there for
an other item...)

Description, white coax, about 20 cm long, tiny gold plated connector on
one end - apparently it's not a standard connector in the 802.11 world -
but that's DLink for you - the other end is a big - around an inch or so
- connector, also gold plated, both screw onto their respective
terminals.

The lightning protection unit I have is basically a block of metal with
a ground lead connector on the side. It features a male and female
connector (of the inch variety) that bolts directly onto the antenna and
on to the the cable at the other end.

A star-picket banged into the ground with some water helping and a thick
ground cable as my earth. (Truth be told, I've never actually used the
lightning protection, but then I've also never put my dish up high :-)

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S41°18'23" - E146°49'07" (Holwell, Tas)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..