[plug] hello

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Mar 18 19:37:41 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 17:32, Cameron Patrick wrote:

> Nope, I think it's really only bash that has decent help.

Actually, I find the 'help' command in bash to be rather unhelpful.
Something like James pointed out from BSD seems the most appropriate - a
/system/ help that comes up when you type 'help'. Shell help isn't
really what most people will want - if you're looking for shell-specific
help, you're likely to know to type 'man ${whatever_shell}'. A
system-wide '/usr/bin/help' seems like a much smarter idea, or even
shells with 'help' aliased to 'man newbie_help'.

Craig Ringer