[plug] Very odd date/time problem

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Thu Mar 18 22:50:27 WST 2004

Craig Ringer wrote:

>I've seen immense clock drift caused by power management functions, by
>bad drivers, by hardware issues (often power problems), and by interrupt
>conflicts.
>
>Craig Ringer

I'm surprised one of the boxes at work hasn't had much drift at all.
Its a PC pretending to be a server (several years old now too) and its
been up for 188 days and has only drifted a couple of minutes (its about
3 minutes slow now).

A 188 day uptime certainly shows that Western Power has certainly gotten
their act together the last year or so with power supplies up here in
Broome.  A couple of years ago, you'd be lucky to go 30 days without
having an outage large enough to drain the UPS.

/ Ben