[plug] Very odd date/time problem

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 19 09:30:58 WST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0403191710130.2443-100000 at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
on Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 09:11:23AM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> Seems I cant get my head around why pine on the murdoch guild server sends

(a) Frankly, I'm not surprised (even though I should be). At least
until a couple of years ago, the majority of all badly-done mail
(that I personally received) came from Microsoft clients (Outlook,
Outlook Express, Entourage, Hotmail) and Pine.

(b) To be fair, I don't think the problem is Pine itself, because
your server's "Received" lines were also wrong (and they would have
been generated by your mail transfer agent).

(c) Interestingly, your latest post seems to be 24 hours out.

(d) When reading e-mail headers from the PLUG list, remember that
spark's clock is still wrong.