[plug] Within minutes of posting to this list

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Mar 20 19:01:31 WST 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 18:07, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Within minutes of posting to this list I received 4 emails that made it
> past the filters,

I presume you mean _spam_ emails?

If so ... thanks to the recent email-address mangling in the archives,
it seems unlikely that email addresses would be collected by spambots
from the PLUG archives. Also, to have addresses collected and spam
arrive within a few minutes would seem odd.

Could it just be chance? I know that for me, 4 spam within a minute is
slightly odd, but still far too common.

Craig Ringer