[plug] newer kernels the Debian way

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 21 10:14:10 WST 2004

2.6 is too different: you could copy the <symlink>/.config between 2.4
versions ok. I am not sure if debian has a "default" 2.6 config, but in
my experience with Mandrake and redhats defaults, they are useless and
you are better off doing your own thing.  The learning curve can be a
bit steep at times, but 2.6 is actually easier than 2.4.

BillK