[plug] [OT] Origin of a tagline

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Mar 21 12:57:25 WST 2004

I forget whose tagline this was, but I've just stumbled across what
appears to be a more original, richer version:

    There we were; three against a thousand. We fought them for
    seven days and nights as the battle waxed and waned; neither
    side yielding. We exhausted our ammunition and were too far
    out to get support, so we fixed bayonets and charged. The
    fighting that ensued was fierce hand to hand combat and
    finally we overwhelmed them. They would have to be the
    toughest three we ever fought.

Cheers; Leon